the Friends of Parc Llewelyn Group is open to all. A small membership
fee of £1 per annum is payable every July. More
of Morris Castle
was built c.1770 by Robert Morris to house his workers in the
valley below. The “castle” was built around a central courtyard
with a four-floor tower at each corner. Both the towers and linking
walls were crowned with mock battlements made from copper slag,
evidence of which can still be seen today.